Accounts101 is always on the lookout for smart and friendly bookkeepers, with QuickBooks experience, wanting a more exciting career than those found in a traditional firm:
- Work Remotely
- Cloud based environment
- Focused on small to mid-sized businesses
- Flexible Hours
Sounds Interesting? If you meet the criteria below, we definitely want to hear from you!
- Tech Savvy - You know your way around QuickBooks Online and Xero and you have amazing troubleshooting skills. In addition to QBO and Xero, we use other online applications such as Stripe, Shopify, Expensify, Tsheets, Xero Practice Manager, PandaDoc, and other client specific platforms so you should definitely be comfortable learning and using new technology with minimum supervision.
- Advanced Excel skills - We do a lot (really, a LOT!) of manipulation in Excel. Although we have created working papers templates to streamline our processes, these templates sometimes need tweaks so you should be comfortable making necessary changes without affecting the workbook structure. You should also know how to use vlookup and pivot tables.
- Experience handling multi-currency transactions.
- Ability to work with multiple companies concurrently.
- QuickBooks Online and Xero certification would be a great asset. You can take these certifications for free!.
- Solid knowledge of Payroll and Sales Taxes, as well as experience filing the associated government returns
- And last, but not least, you must be proficient in full-cycle accounting.
- You learn fast and can usually figure things out on your own.
- Work under minimum supervision, yet you are a great team player.
- Online collaboration is your thing; Microsoft Teams is one of your ever running apps.
- May sound cliché but in a remote environment like ours, English proficiency is a must; both spoken and written.
- Comfortable having one on one meetings with top management.
- VERY Organized and ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines.
- Customer service oriented.
What you will need:
- You will need a computer in great shape and strong, fast and reliable internet - we recommend a VPN with an unlimited data plan.
- Have a quiet office/space where you can go to when you need to get on a call with a client.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Our clients are mainly based in Houston, TX and surrounding cities which is largely Spanish speaking but we do have clients in Canada. If you are bilingual (English/French) or English/Spanish) or have experience in Canada, please mention it in your application!
If you would like to join our growing team and feel you are qualified, fill the form below :-)